Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Life Of A Mental Health Family Carer Can Be One Of Constant Turmoil


"How am I ever going to be able to cope ?"

These are my thoughts when my son was admitted to the mental health department for the first time 12 years ago. Let me give you a quick insight into how I came to this idea before I explain more about the first visit.

It was a display of some very strange characters, but we thought that maybe he was taking some medication and it is the result.

He has not slept for several days apparent (he had not lived in the house at the time) and I did not know the severity of these signs up several times within two days he went out of his car, lijevoautomobila and does not know where. When we discovered that whenever he was in the strangest places.

then we took him to a general hospital where he saw some mental health doctors diagnosed it as a mental illness. He confessed and was kept in hospital for a week.

This use of the tremendous changes in my life

As you can imagine I have never cried so much in my entire life, as through the week. As a parent of a much loved son, this is all too much to comprehend. It was frightening to say the least. It's time to say spoiled, especially if you do not know anything about mental illness and its consequences.

Fortunately, by listening to the many caregivers over the years it seems that life becomes more bearable with time and as a caregiver learns from each experience and promotes strategies that help in coping.

No comments:

Post a Comment