Friday, January 20, 2012

Chronic Illness and the Health of Your Teeth


recent visit to the dentist left me stunned! Convinced that my teeth has always been healthy, I had no doubt of my check-up will be a cinch ...

Five years ago I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, two herniated discs and sciatica it was after D & C, which resulted in severe pelvic infection. I do not have dental insurance, a fact he was so worried because my teeth were still in good health. At one point in my life, I am twenty years without seeing a dentist, although I do not recommend this to everyone, and had a cavity. At that time it was recommended that I have a deep cleaning and hygienist decided to deep-clean the upper and lower teeth in one visit, the girls at the front desk told me that it was outrageous as they always plan for the two visits for deep cleaning.

When I recently got dental insurance and could go to the dentist that I felt confident watching, I was looking forward to getting my teeth cleaned and walking with a good report. However, a dentist, who was very nice but a bit grumpy, informed me that my teeth were full of decay and showed me the holes that were hiding in the back molars! After a religious thread-er and brushing at least twice a day, ate very little sugar, drank coffee, and just when it dropped the sodas I was in shock.

realization quickly set in that as my body became very ill and exhausted, so that the health of my teeth. So after a root canal, two crowns, and five cavities filled, I would encourage anyone who has experienced any health problems do not wait, get your teeth examined by a reputable dentist as soon as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment