Monday, October 17, 2011

The Online Health Food Store - Is It A Good Place To Find All Natural Foods and Health Drinks?


Here are some other ingredients I've seen on the labels that I choose to avoid searching for healthy, all natural foods and beverages:

  • Crystalline fructose, high fructose corn syrup, and in fact, anything with sugar.
  • Artificial sweeteners, especially aspartame and saccharin. Instead, I use Stevia, 0 calorie all natural sweeteners.
  • modified corn starch. Almost all corn grown in the U.S. is now GMO (genetically modified organisms). Every time I see the word "change" I am suspicious about their true nature.
  • Isolated proteins - the body can easily digest most protein drinks, because they are usually made of "isolated" protein that clogs the lymphatic system. Many athletes are looking for a diet that work to build up muscle are drinking protein drinks without understanding the consequences, or the real needs of the human body. They are seduced by images of washing plates ABS and bulging biceps to think more protein is good. However, many experts agree that the myth that one should offer a high level of protein present in some of the muscle building drink mixes. In fact, all that protein may do more harm than good.

These are just some of the ingredients I try to avoid in my constant quest for all natural foods and health drinks that are really healthy. Are there any ingredients that you ask about? I hope you have as much fun reading the code as I did in a health food store. Until then, look online for all natural foods and health drinks, and stay away from the center. It's scary out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment